Gluten-free Goodie of the Week: Creamy peanut butter pudding
What's not to love about pudding? Instead of hitting the store for prepackaged servings, make your own — it's easy!
When it comes to a Gluten-free Goodie of the Week recipe, you won't find one much easier to make than peanut butter pudding. It's rich, creamy and packed with peanut-butter goodness! Did we mention it's easy to make? It's also dairy free. If you prefer, you can switch things up and use almond butter instead of peanut butter. Garnish with your favorite toppings like chopped peanuts, almonds, or even dried fruit.
Creamy peanut butter pudding recipe
Yields 2 (6 ounce) servings or 4 (3 ounce) servings
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter (or almond butter if you prefer)
- Add the cornstarch and brown sugar to a small saucepan and mix together.
- Turn the heat to high, and add about 1/4 cup of the almond milk, just enough to help dissolve the cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir to mix.
- When the mixture has dissolved, turn the heat to high and add the remaining almond milk, stirring constantly until the mixture boils.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about a minute, stirring, until it thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pure vanilla extract and the peanut butter. Mix until well blended and smooth.
- Pour the pudding mixture into 3- or 6-ounce ramekins and garnish with chopped nuts or almonds.
- Allow the pudding to chill in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes before serving.
Smooth and creamy pudding is a gluten-free delight!