Recipes for a perfect summer picnic
Looking for easy make-ahead recipes for the perfect summer picnic? Here we share five delicious summer-inspired recipes to make all your picnic dreams a reality. Quick and easy, these can be made ahead, giving you more time to enjoy the outdoors.
Need some inspiration to make your picnic memorable? These recipes will not disappoint! You can easily make these dishes ahead, which will save you lots of time.
Chilled peanut udon noodles recipe
For the noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) package of udon noodles
- Sliced green onions
- Crushed peanuts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- Fresh cilantro as garnish
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- Prepare the udon noodles as instructed on the package and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk all of the ingredients for the sauce. Add in the udon noodles, bell peppers and green onions. Toss well.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, cilantro and mandarin oranges.
Easy summer tomato hoagie with fresh mozzarella recipe
Yields 2 sandwiches
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- Cut each hoagie roll in half.
- Divide the tomatoes and mozzarella between the 2 rolls and top with fresh basil leaves. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the balsamic dressing over the top of each sandwich before serving.
Strawberry pecan chicken salad with golden raisins recipe
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins or regular raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl add all of the ingredients mixing well. Serve as a sandwich, on crackers or on top of greens as a salad.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Marinated cucumber salad recipe
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix the vinegar, sugar, red pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the cucumbers and onions mixing well. Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled.
Double chocolate chunk brownies recipe
Adapted from taste of home
Yields approximately 16-20 brownies (amount will vary with size of brownies)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cocoa powder, baking soda, sugar and melted butter, mixing well. Stir in the water, vanilla and the eggs, mixing well until there are no lumps.
- Add in the flour, pecans and chocolate chunks mixing until the batter is thick and smooth. Pour into the baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the brownies have pulled away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool completely and slice into squares.