Jump on the quinoa bandwagon with this hearty and healthy quinoa, black bean and corn salad.
Colorful and healthy
Pack this quinoa salad in a picnic basket or bring it to a potluck for a delicious crowd-pleasing side dish.
Quinoa, black bean and corn salad recipe
Adapted from The South American Table
- 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly washed in a fine sieve (unless prerinsed)
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan combine the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until all of the water has been absorbed. Do not remove the lid. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, red bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion and cilantro. Mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and pour over the quinoa mixture. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, as needed.