If you think millet is for the birds, think again! These millet balls will give you a bird's eye view of how this unappreciated grain-like seed can be transformed into a tasty vegan dinner.If you think millet is for the birds, think again! These millet balls will give you a bird's eye view of how this unappreciated grain-like seed can be transformed into a tasty vegan dinner.
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Grapeseed oil, as needed
- In a medium pot over high heat, combine water and millet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Simmer until water is absorbed and millet is tender.
- Remove millet from heat, uncover, and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Add carrot, olives, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Use your fingers to mix. Make millet balls, size of your choice. Add breadcrumbs, if necessary, so balls hold their shape.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in enough grapeseed oil to coat the bottom of skillet.
- Add millet balls to skillet and cook (in batches, if necessary), until they are golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More vegan dinner recipes!