If you're got a craving for a warm-spiced cookie to sip with your coffee or afternoon tea, these snickerdoodles are for you.If you're got a craving for a warm-spiced cookie to sip with your coffee or afternoon tea, these snickerdoodles are for you.
Yields 2 to 3 dozen depending on size
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Generous pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water. Set aside for 5 minutes to "gel".
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1 cup sugar, coconut oil, and vegan butter. Beat on medium speed to cream.
- Add flax mixture and beat on high speed until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the mixer bowl and beat on low speed until moistened. Increase speed and mix until ingredients are well-blended.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon together.
- Use your hands to shape mixture into 1 to 1-1/4-inch balls. Roll balls in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Place balls on a baking sheet and bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until they are baked through.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to continue to cool.
More vegan dessert recipes!