Soba noodles, made of buckwheat, are a tasty change from regular pasta. These tender noodles are tossed with soy sauce, mirin, and sesame oil and served cold.
Sesame soba noodles with green onions
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 cup mirin
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 9 ounces soba noodles
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro plus whole leaves for garnish
- 4 green onions, sliced crosswise
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, soy sauce or tamari, mirin, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Cook soba according to package directions until tender. Rinse under cold water, separating the noodles with your fingers. Add cilantro, tossing to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce mixture and noodles.
- Serve with green onions and cilantro for garnish.