Warm, spicy, and aromatic, this hearty potato dish is the perfect winter meal when you need flavorful comfort food.Warm, spicy, and aromatic, this hearty potato dish is the perfect winter meal when you need flavorful comfort food.
- 4 baking potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14- ounce) can coconut milk
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until just tender.
- Pour into a colander to drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with cumin, curry, garam masala, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, and coconut milk. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro.
More tasty vegan dinner recipes!