No more having to prep and work all day on making traditional enchiladas, easy and delicious way to enjoy the meal without all the work.
Layered enchilada casserole recipe
- 1 pound tempeh
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (8 inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the tempeh and onion, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, vinegar, oil, taco seasoning, coriander and cumin.
- Place 3 tortillas in the prepared baking dish. Layer with half of the tempeh mixture and vegan sour cream. Repeat the layers.
- Top with bell pepper, tomato and cilantro. Scatter evenly with vegan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.