Surprise your guests with this Mexican-inspired finger food. All you need is your favorite Spanish rice recipe, raisins, and jalapenos. Spicy vegan appetizers are a great way to ring in the new year.
New Year’s Eve Appetizer: Stuffed Jalapenos
- 16 jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Spanish rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler to 400 degrees F.
- Place jalapenos in a bowl and drizzle with oil, tossing well to coat.
- Place jalapenos on a baking sheet and place under the broiler.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until jalapenos are softened, lightly browned, but not mushy.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together rice and raisins.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit lengthwise in each pepper. Use a small spoon to remove the seeds.
- Fill each pepper with a rounded teaspoon of rice mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until rice is heated through. Serve warm.