No time to make pizza dough? No problem! Simply let your pita bread do double duty as a no-fuss pizza crust. This salad pizza is especially good for lunch because it is quick, healthy, and outside-the-box of the usual sandwich.
Easy pita pizza
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2/3 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole grain pita breads
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cups vegan shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens, tomatoes, onion, olive oil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pita on a baking sheet. Spread each with tomato sauce and scatter with cheese and seasoning.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Transfer each pita to a plate and top with salad. Serve immediately.