There is nothing better than adding your favorite fillings into a homemade tortilla, especially if it is vegan!
We love wrapping our favorite Mexican fillings in warm, homemade tortillas. Store-bought tortillas are certainly convenient, but homemade tortillas are more delicious. These vegan flour tortillas will quickly become one of your favorite Mexican accompaniments.
Vegan flour tortillas recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt and baking powder.
- Add oil, and mix until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Pour in the hot water and mix until a dough-ball forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls. On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll each ball into a thin, flat circle.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Cook each tortilla for 2 minutes on each side or until brown blisters form.
- Serve immediately or let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.