Vegetarian: Gluten-Free Chocolate Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is a go-to comfort food when the weather takes an inclement turn. This warm, rich gluten-free bread pudding is dense with chocolate, butter, cream, and sugar, making it the ultimate eat when your sweet tooth arises.Bread pudding is a go-to comfort food when the weather takes an inclement turn. This warm, rich gluten-free bread pudding is dense with chocolate, butter, cream, and sugar, making it the ultimate eat when your sweet tooth arises.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 loaf of 1-inch cubed crustless Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- Freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl and drizzle with butter, tossing to coat. Transfer bread to the prepared baking dish.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, bring milk and cream just to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate to milk mixture and whisk until melted and smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sugar and yolks to blend. Whisk chocolate mixture into sugar mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread, stirring to distribute liquid evenly. Cover with plastic and let stand for 1 hour (some of the liquid will not be absorbed).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake bread pudding until custard is just set but center moves slightly when dish is shaken, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
More tasty vegetarian dessert recipes!