Ginger-spiced cookies are a must-eat during the holidays when the cold weather draws you to warm flavors. These cookies are perfect for serving holiday guests, wrapping into a gift for a neighbor, or setting out for Santa.Ginger-spiced cookies are a must-eat during the holidays when the cold weather draws you to warm flavors. These cookies are perfect for serving holiday guests, wrapping into a gift for a neighbor, or setting out for Santa.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground flax
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flax and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, black pepper, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and all of the brown sugar. Beat until well-combined. Add molasses and beat until well combined. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flax mixture.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix on low until well-blended.
- Dump dough onto a lightly floured surface and use your hands to shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and grease 2 large cookie sheets.
- Lightly flour your hands and shape dough into 32 balls. Roll balls in remaining granulated sugar.
- Place cookie balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
More tasty vegan desserts!