Cauliflower is a fall superfood that can easily be transformed into tasty croquettes to serve as a vegan side dish or main course.
Cauliflower croquettes recipe
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves and stem removed, cut into florets
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Generous pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- Steam cauliflower in a steamer or steamer basket inserted in a large pot with 2 inches of boiling water at the bottom for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is very soft.
- Drain cauliflower and transfer it to a large bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, almond flour, onion, garlic, cashew butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Use a potato masher to thoroughly mix ingredients together.
- Use your hands to form 2-inch balls, then flatten them into disks.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the coconut oil has melted and coated the bottom of the skillet, place half of the croquettes in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side or until both sides are lightly browned and crisp.
- Add the remaining oil and cook the remaining croquettes. Set cooked croquettes on a plate lined with paper towels until ready to serve.
- Serve warm.