If you prefer your popcorn sweet and salty -- and chocolatey! -- you're going to love this chocolate popcorn recipe. We're serving this vegan snack as a Halloween treat this year.If you prefer your popcorn sweet and salty -- and chocolatey! -- you're going to love this chocolate popcorn recipe. We're serving this vegan snack as a Halloween treat this year.Chocolate Popcorn
Makes 14 cups
- 12 cups popped plain popcorn
- 2 cups (10 oz.) lightly salted peanuts
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray a large roasting pan and large, foil-lined rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place popcorn and peanuts in roasting pan. Set aside prepared baking sheet for use later.
- Combine chocolate, salt, corn syrup and butter in a medium, heavy-duty saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture in roasting pan and toss well to coat.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes.
- Carefully pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread evenly. As mixture cools, it will harden.
- Once completely cool, break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight container or wrap up in individual sized portions for giving as treats.
More tasty vegan snack recipes!