When you're looking for a food to warm your blood this fall and winter, prep this vegan horseradish sauce and drizzle it on vegetables and grains. In addition to giving your tastebuds a kick, the sauce delivers a delicious dose of healthy fats from the cashews.
Makes about 1 cup
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated horseradish (or to taste)
- Generous pinch salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Water to adjust consistency
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine cashews, garlic, vinegar, agave, lemon zest, lemon juice, horseradish, and salt. Puree ingredients.Season with salt and pepper.
- Add water to adjust the mixture to your desired consistency.