Why buy doggie biscuits when you can make your own? Not only are these vegan doggie treats easy to bake, they are way cheaper than pricey vegan-status dog biscuits. Best yet, you can eat them, too.
Vegan Doggie Biscuits
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry soymilk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water. Set aside while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix on low to combine flour, oats, Italian seasoning, soymilk powder, and salt.
- In a small food processor, blend peanut butter and broth.
- Add flax mixture and peanut butter mixture to flour mixture and blend on low until moistened then increase to medium speed until ingredients are well-combined.
- Roll mixture out in between two large sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a dog-bone-shaped cookie cutter to cut cookies. Place on 2 baking sheets lined with silicone mats.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cookies are crisp and dried all the way through.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.