Red onion, peppers and olive pizza
A pizza that you can enjoy with tofu? Sure, let me have a slice!
Pizza is one of those meals that you can sink your teeth into any time of year. Summer pizzas are especially fun because you can scatter so many different combinations of in-season ingredients over a crust and enjoy a unique pizza variation after every visit to the farmers market or your own home garden. This pizza is made simply — onions, bell peppers, olives, tomato sauce and tofu seasoned with fresh herbs.
Red onion, peppers and olive pizza recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) box soft tofu
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs of your choice, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 (9-10 inch) ready-to-bake pizza crust
- 3/4 cup chunky tomato sauce
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Handful of pitted olives
- Shredded vegan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mash together tofu, herbs, salt and pepper to taste and lemon zest.
- Spread the pizza crust with tomato sauce. Drop mounds of tofu on the crust and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Scatter the remaining ingredients on the pizza.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the toppings are hot.
- Slice and serve.