With these gluten-free coconut pancakes, breakfast never tasted so good… or healthy!
One of our favorite food finds is Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour, a mildly flavored gluten-free flour that is high in protein and fiber. You can replace up to 20 percent of the flour called for in a recipe with coconut flour, adding an equivalent amount of liquid to the mix. Top these coconut flour pancakes with toasted coconut flakes, banana slices and shaved dark chocolate.
Gluten-free coconut pancakes recipe
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small cup, stir together flax and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together potato starch, coconut flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flax mixture, coconut milk and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Heat a large griddle to medium-high and brush the griddle with oil.
- Portion the batter onto the griddle to make 8 pancakes. Cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom and the edges of pancakes are set.
- Flip and cook for 2 more minutes or until the pancakes are lightly browned on the second side.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pancake toppings.