Can you really make your own laundry soap? Absolutely! If you have the right ingredients. Veronica Bosgraaf, founder of Pure Bar, shares her homemade laundry soap recipe.
Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe
- 1/3 bar Fels Naptha, grated (vegans use castile soap, see comments)
- 1/2 cup Borax
- 1/2 cup Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
- Mix grated soap with 6 cups water and heat on stove until dissolved.
- Add Borax and Washing Soda until dissolved.
- Add this mixture to a bucket with a half-gallon of warm water in it.
- Add 1 more gallon of warm water and stir well.
- Let set for 24 hours.