If you’re looking for delicious dishes to boost the fiber and protein in your diet, put this red lentil salad on your menu.
Red Lentil Salad
- 8 ounces red lentils, rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced small
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 4 green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil, drained)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place lentils and bay leaves in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until lentils are tender but firm (do not overcook). Drain and discard the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bell pepper, olives, green onions, tomatoes, parsley, and currants.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic.
- Add lentils to bell pepper mixture and pour vinaigrette overtop. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days, tossing well before serving.
More healthy vegan recipes!