Chocolate love muffins
These decadent dark-chocolate vegan muffins are the perfect breakfast nibble between lovers after Valentine's Day, but they also satisfy the sweet tooth of those of us who can't imagine life without chocolate. Fix and freeze an extra batch so you always have a rich, indulgent treat within easy reach.
Chocolate love muffins recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine juice, oil and brown sugar. Blend on medium-low until the mixture is well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the oil mixture, and blend on low to combine. Scrape down the bowl and blend again until moistened. Stir in the chocolate.
- Divide the batter into muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
- Place the muffin pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Invert the muffins onto the wire rack to continue cooling or serve them ooey-gooey warm.