Phyllo (fillo) dough isn’t just for wrapping up delicious fillings or standing in for pastry as top or bottom crusts. This versatile vegan product can also be flavored, baked, and crumbled onto desserts. Yum!
Berry Parfaits with Lemon Phyllo Crumbles
- 12 (9×14-inch) sheets Athens Fillo Dough, thawed
- 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) berries of your choice
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla soy or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Lay a sheet of the phyllo dough on the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray and zest lemon over the entire sheet of using a microplane.
- Repeat five more times to form a six-sheet stack. Repeat the process to create two, 6-sheet stacks.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fully browned. Set aside to cool completely then break into large crumbles and dust with powdered sugar.
- In parfait glasses, layer yogurt, a drizzle of agave syrup, lemon phyllo crumbles, and a few berries. Repeat process to fill the parfait glasses.
This recipe was inspired by a non-vegan parfait recipe from Athens Foods.