Coconut Curry Noodles
The drop in temperatures and snow blanketing the ground makes comfort food a go-to for dinners in the Miso Vegan kitchen. This coconut curry noodle bowl delivers heat to the palate as well as warmth to the belly.
Coconut Curry Soup
- 1/2 (8-ounce) box Annie Chun's Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk (shake before opening)
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (red or green)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Annie Chun's Roasted Sesame Seaweed Snacks (optional)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium soup pot over medium heat. Cook onion and pepper, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add coconut milk and curry (add half of the curry, taste, then add more, if desired), stirring to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lime zest and juice, brown sugar, and peas. Add noodles, tossing to coat. Add cilantro and toss again.
- Divide curry among 2 bowls and top with crumbled seaweed chips, if using. Serve hot.