Upping your consumption of sprouted grains, nuts, and legumes is a delicious way to boost your nutrition. Sprouting is an ancient tradition that releases enzymes that make nutrients easier for your body to absorb. You can certainly sprout your own or you can turn to truRoots and their line of sprouted goods. This vegan salad features truRoots’ sprouted green lentils, which are rich in protein, thiamine, iron, vitamin C, folate, and more.
Sprouted Green Lentil Provencal Salad
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 finely diced red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook lentils according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine warm lentils with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.