Hazelnut and dried cherry quinoa
Looking for a high-protein vegan dinner recipe? Sink your fork into this quinoa recipe, showcasing crunchy hazelnuts and chewy dried cherries. This vegan meal in one can also be served as a tasty vegan holiday side dish.
Hazelnut and Dried Cherry Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup ivory or red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir quinoa into ingredients to combine.
- Add broth or water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and add cherries, lemon zest and juice, and parsley. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with hazelnuts.