November is National Peanut Butter Month, giving rise to new culinary experiments in my kitchen with the tasty high-protein spread. Here is a delish dark leafy green vegan recipe that features peanut butter in a curry-kissed sauce.
Celebrate the wonderfulness of peanut butter with this tasty treat all month long. Keep things original and spicy with a delicious treat you can eat anytime!
Peanutty Spinach Curry (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup smooth all natural peanut butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 to 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Chopped roasted, salted peanuts for garnish
- In a food processor or blender, combine peanut butter, tomatoes, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Puree into a sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened and carrots are just tender. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add spinach, sesame oil, and water, stirring to combine ingredients. Cover skillet and steam for 3 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted.
- Stir peanut sauce into skillet and serve immediately, garnished with peanuts.