Black Beans with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Orange Zest
Add some pizzazz your boring black beans and create a dish full of spicy and flavor-filled goodness.
Refried beans are not at the top of my go-to list for Mexican side dishes because I'd rather have beautifully-shaped whole beans on my plate. If you can relate, try this tasty black bean vegan side dish for your next Mexican meal. I love Calivirgin's Hot Virgin Jalapeno Olive Oil to give this dish heat, but you can omit it for a heat-free version.
Black Beans with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Orange Zest (Serves 8)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 4 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Calivirgin Hot Virgin Jalapeno Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon or more regular extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve dish chilled or warm.