Roasted Pepper Olive Tapenade Bruschetta
Sandwiches for lunch every day can become unanticipated, making your midday meal a yawn. However, you can use the same basic ingredients and make your vegan lunch exciting by simply changing the presentation. Bruschetta for lunch is fun and it gives you many mouthwatering opportunities for piling toasty bread with tasty ingredients.
This bruschetta recipe features roasted pepper (or diced tomato) and tapenade, but get creative and see how many variations you can make.
Roasted Pepper Olive Tapendade Bruschetta (Serves 2)
- 1 small baguette, cut at a diagonal into 8 slices
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 2 tablespoons flavored olive oil (such as Calivirgin Bountiful Basil Olive Oil)
- 1/2 cup green or black olive tapenade (try one of Cat Cora's Kitchen tapenades)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers (or fresh tomatoes, if desired)
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub one side of each slice of bread with garlic. Drizzle each with olive oil.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and toast in the oven.
- Top each toast with tapenade and roasted red pepper. Garnish with a basil leaf and serve.