Caesar salads are always an elegant touch to an everyday or holiday meal. Make this vegan salad even more special by toasting your own croutons.
Vegan Caesar Salad (Serves 8)
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, cut or ripped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup miso
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces silken tofu
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more to thin
- 3 cups croutons
- In a large bowl, toss together romaine, tomatoes, and olives. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine cashews, garlic, miso, mustard, Worcesterhire, vinegar, salt, and tofu. Run machine until ingredients are pureed.
- With machine running on low, add 1/4 cup oil and process until smooth. Test consistency and add more oil, if desired, to thin.
- Pour half of the dressing over salad and toss to combine. Divide salad among 8 salad plates and drizzle with more dressing. Garnish with croutons and serve.