Glazed Green Beans
If you're already planning your vegan holiday meals, put these sweet, fork-tender green beans on the menu.
Glazed Green Beans (Serves 4)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white and black sesame seeds
- Blanch green beans until they are just crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Dunk them in a bowl of iced water to halt the cooking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beans and cook, tossing often, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, sherry, syrup, and cornstarch. Transfer beans to a serving platter.
- Add tamari mixture to skillet and stir until it thickens. Pour over beans, tossing to coat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds to serve