Names with angelic meanings
The following baby names are unique and lovely — and they all have “angelic” meanings.
- Aingeal: Irish girl name meaning “angel”
- Erela: Hebrew girl name meaning “angel”
- Erelah: Hebrew girl name meaning “angel”
- Malayeka: Arabic girl name meaning “angel”
- D’Angelo: Italian boy name meaning “from the angel”
- Engelbert: German boy name meaning “bright as an angel”
- Serafim: Hebrew boy name meaning “an angel-like being”
- Seraphina: Hebrew girl name meaning “fiery-winged”
- Angelique: French girl name meaning “like an angel”
- Faida: Icelandic girl name meaning “wings that are folded”
- Evangeline: Greek girl name meaning “bringer of good news”
Famous angel names in movies
Some of our most beloved characters are angels in movies and TV shows. If you’re looking for an angelic name that’s simply inspired by a Hollywood angel, here are just a few of our favorites.
- Clarence: It’s a Wonderful Life
- Tess: Touched by an Angel
- Monica: Touched by an Angel
- Archangel Michael: Michael
- Dudley: The Preacher’s Wife
- Seth: City of Angels
- Bartleby: Dogma
- Loki: Dogma
- Gabriel: Constantine
- Aaron: Fallen
- Marty: Teen Angel
- Earl: Saving Grace
- Jonathan: Highway to Heaven
Find more baby name inspiration below — and on SheKnows Baby Names!
A version of this story was originally published in December 2011.
Want more inspiration? Check out these weird and wonderful celebrity baby names.