The 2013 MTV Movie Awards aren’t just about who and what we see on the screen, there are magic moments being made thanks to the help of music. Check out the nominees for this year in the Best Musical Moment category as well as a few songs we were sad to see snubbed!
Rebel Wilson may just take a bit of golden popcorn home herself when the 2013 MTV Movie Awards get underway on Apr. 14. The funny gal with the unruly name is not only the master of ceremonies this year, her Pitch Perfect film is up for an award in the Best Musical Moment category!
The Best Musical Moment nominees:
- ?Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables
- Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, Kevin Nash and Adam Rodriguez, Magic Mike
- Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean and Hana Mae Lee, Pitch Perfect?
- Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook
- Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
While all are mighty fine picks, there are some truly great songs from 2012 that got snubbed by the MTV Movie Awards when nominations were passed out. Here’s a look at a trio of pieces we think deserved a nod!
In her first post-baby piece of work, powerhouse songstress Adele set the mood for Daniel Craig’s Bond to fight the bad guys for the 23rd time. Undeniably epic territory, right?
Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, “Let it Grow”
Who says grownups can’t love a cartoon flick? No one. No one who was ever right, anyway! With over 1 million YouTube views on this video alone, not to mention The Lorax‘s cool $214 million in earnings, we say let it grow, indeed.
Florence and the Machine, Snow White and the Huntsman
Florence and the Machine’s “Breath of Life” was indeed just that in Snow White and The Huntsman. Powerful vocals mixed with epic-sized scenery makes for chills every single time we take a listen.