Twilight star Ashley Greene safely escaped from a condo fire that destroyed her home on Friday in Los Angeles. Sadly, she lost one of her dogs in the fire.
Ashley is supposedly not the best of neighbors, but it is still sad that her apartment caught fire while she was inside!
On Friday, Twilight star Ashley Greene suffered a tremendous loss. Not only did her condo in Los Angeles go up in flames, she also lost one of her beloved pups in the fire.
Her condo at the Granville Towers is situated in West Hollywood and has hosted many celebrity residents over the years including Marilyn Monroe, Portia de Rossi, Rock Hudson, David Bowie, Brendan Fraser, Kristin Chenoweth and Mickey Rourke. Originally an apartment building, then a hotel, it was transformed into a condo building with 40 units in the seven-story tower in the 1980s.
According to TMZ, first to report the story, Greene, her boyfriend and her brother were all on-site when the fire broke out on Friday morning on the living room sofa. The gossip site reportedly heard that the group had been out late the night before.
To combat the blaze, there were at least 10 fire trucks on the scene and several residents even tried to help with their own fire extinguishers. The good news is that all three residents in the unit were able to escape safely.
However, once they left the unit, they realized that Greene’s two fox terriers were still inside. While both the Breaking Dawn star’s boyfriend and brother tried, they were unable to rescue the pets. Firemen were able to save one of the dogs, but sadly, the other dog passed away at the scene of the fire under a bed.
Cosmo cover girl Ashley Greene talks love and marriage >>
The actress’ rep told People, “The cause is underdetermined.”
The exclusive photos and video of the extensive damage are online.
SheKnows extends our sympathies to Ashley Greene for her loss. We are grateful to hear that she and the rest of her family made it out safely.
Leave a Comment