Walt Disney Pictures knows how to plan ahead: The studio has major blockbusters heading our way. 2013’s already set, but they’ve made a few changes to next year’s schedule.
The House of Mouse has rolled out their 2014-2015 slate. Monday, they confirmed the revised release dates for some of their most anticipated films. There are more Muppet adventures on the horizon, and Jack Sparrow’s set for another go ’round.
Here’s the new lineup:
- The Muppets (revised to March 21, 2014): The cast includes Ricky Gervais and Ty Burrell, while Tina Fey is rumored as the female lead. The screenplay will be co-written by director James Bobin and executive producer Nick Stoller.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 14, 2014): The Winter Soldier will pick up where The Avengers left off. Chris Evans returns as Steve Rogers and will be joined by Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/The Falcon. The film will be directed by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo.
- Maleficent (revised to July 2, 2014): This is the untold story of Disney’s most-beloved villain from the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty. The film reveals the events that hardened Maleficent’s heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora. Oscar-winner Angelina Jolie plays the title role, while Robert Stromberg directs.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Aug. 1, 2014): Based on the Marvel comic books of the same name, Guardians features an unlikely cast of characters who join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. James Gunn will direct.
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (revised to July 10, 2015): Johnny Depp will return as the swashbuckling pirate Jack Sparrow in Disney’s latest sequel. Jerry Bruckheimer will produce, while Jeff Nathanson is writing the screenplay.