Five exciting DVD releases just in time for the holidays. Whether you’re looking for last-minute stocking stuffers, something for the Mr., or just a family-friendly flick, this list has you covered.
1) Pitch Perfect — Anna Kendrick, Brittany Snow and Rebel Wilson star in this hilarious perspective into an all-girl college singing group. From mean girls to sweet girls to weird girls, the only thing this group has in common are great voices. The film is rated PG-13 but it’s relatively safe for the whole family and it will keep everyone laughing throughout.
Rotten Tomatoes — 80% Fresh
2) Killer Joe — Matthew McConaughey like you’ve never seen him before. He’s a crooked cop with the charm of a Southern gentleman. There’s just one twist: he’s also a hit man. This time he’s contracted to off a mother so her son (Emile Hirsch) can square up his drug debts with the inheritance money. But without a down payment, McConaughey’s agreed to take Hirsch’s sister as collateral. This is trouble on all sides and will keep you on the edge of your seat all the way to the end.
Rotten Tomatoes — 77% Fresh
3) Premium Rush — Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars as Wilee, one of New York’s most agile bike messengers whose latest delivery turns his already fast-paced job into a hell-bent, life-or-death chase through the urban jungles of Manhattan. This package is different, and the contents may have dire consequences if he can’t navigate his way through the chaotic streets.
Rotten Tomatoes — 76% Fresh
4) Trouble With the Curve — Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake and Clint Eastwood star in this tale of sport, aging and family bonds. Eastwood’s been a legendary baseball scout all his life but when his eyes start to go it’s up to the dedication of his daughter (Adams) to pull him through the rough times and rekindle their relationship after many lost years. She’s not alone, though, as Timberlake’s charm wiggles its way into her heart. Trouble With the Curve is rated PG-13.
Rotten Tomatoes — 52% Splat
5) Total Recall — Colin Farrell hit the gym instead of the club for his recent role in Total Recall, the remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger classic, and the hard work payed off. This film is great for the action buff in your family.
Rotten Tomatoes — 30% Splat