The 2012 CMA Awards winners have been announced. The two artists who stole the night were Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert. They earned the evening’s biggest awards, including Entertainer of the Year for Shelton.
Are Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert the new Tim McGraw and Faith Hill? Both couples are extremely talented and have country music under their spell. This year, Shelton and Lambert were the ones to beat.
They walked away as big winners, with Shelton earning Male Vocalist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year. Lambert snagged Female Vocalist of the Year, and the two shared the award for Song of the Year for their duet, “Over You.”
The track has sentimental value to the couple, especially Shelton, whose father recently passed away. He told the audience that his dad inspired him to pen the hit song.
“My dad always told me, ‘Son, you should write a song about your brother,'” Shelton said. “I lost my dad in January, and it’s so amazing to me that tonight, even after he’s gone, he’s still right. I just needed the right person to write this song with and the right person to sing it.”
Here’s the full list of winners:
Entertainer of the Year
- ?Jason Aldean
- ?Kenny Chesney
- ?Brad Paisley?
- Blake Shelton — Winner
- Taylor Swift
Single of the Year
- ?”Dirt Road Anthem” — Jason Aldean
- “God Gave Me You” — Blake Shelton
- ?”Home” — Dierks Bentley
- ?”Pontoon” — Little Big Town — Winner
- “Springsteen” — Eric Church
Album of the Year?
- Chief — Eric Church — Winner
- Four The Record — Miranda Lambert
- Home — Dierks Bentley
- Own The Night — Lady Antebellum
- ?tailgates & tanlines — Luke Bryan
Song of the Year
- ?”Even If It Breaks Your Heart” — Will Hoge and Eric Paisley
- ?”God Gave Me You” — Dave Barnes?
- “Home” — Dan Wilson, Brett Beavers and Dierks Bentley
- ?”Over You” — Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton — Winner
- “Springsteen” — Eric Church, Ryan Tyndell and Jeff Hyde
Female Vocalist of the Year
- ?Kelly Clarkson?
- Miranda Lambert — Winner
- ?Martina McBride
- ?Taylor Swift
- ?Carrie Underwood
Male Vocalist of the Year
- ?Jason Aldean
- ?Luke Bryan
- ?Eric Church
- ?Blake Shelton — Winner
- ?Keith Urban
Vocal Group of the Year?
- Eli Young Band
- ?Lady Antebellum
- ?Little Big Town — Winner?
- The Band Perry?
- Zac Brown Band
Vocal Duo of the Year?
- Big & Rich?
- Love and Theft?
- The Civil Wars
- ?Thompson Square — Winner
Musical Event of the Year
- ?”Dixie Highway” — Alan Jackson (featuring Zac Brown)
- ?”Feel Like A Rock Star” — Kenny Chesney (duet with Tim McGraw) — Winner?
- “Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die” — Willie Nelson with Snoop Dogg, Kris Kristofferson and Jamey Johnson?
- “Safe & Sound” — Taylor Swift (featuring The Civil Wars)
- ?”Stuck On You” — Lionel Richie (with Darius Rucker)
Musician of the Year
- ?Sam Bush — Mandolin?
- Paul Franklin — Steel Guitar
- ?Dann Huff — Guitar
- ?Brent Mason — Guitar?
- Mac McAnally — Guitar — Winner
Music Video of the Year
- ?”Come Over” — Kenny Chesney, directed by Shaun Silva?
- “Over You” — Miranda Lambert, directed by Trey Fanjoy
- ?”Pontoon” — Little Big Town, directed by Declan Whitebloom
- ?”Red Solo Cup” — Toby Keith, directed by Michael Salomon — Winner?
- “Springsteen” — Eric Church, directed by Peter Zavadil
New Artist of the Year
- ?Lee Brice
- ?Brantley Gilbert?
- Hunter Hayes — Winner
- ?Love and Theft?
- Thompson Square