Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel: How we knew they were meant to be
Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake may have had a tumultuous five years of dating, but they always came back to each other.
The long journey to the altar has finally happened for newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel. They married today in Puglia, Italy surrounded by family and friends after five years of dating off and on and a 10-month engagement.
Yet through all of the ups and downs, it was a given that the couple would end up together. How do we know? Take a look at some of the clues the dynamic duo left throughout the years:
- They weathered two unofficial breakups in 2009 and 2010. Then, the couple publicly announced their separation in 2011, with Timberlake cozying up to his Friends with Benefits costar Mila Kunis and Biel canoodling with her Playing for Keeps coworker, Gerard Butler. The two didn't let other dalliances during their break ruin their relationship, because they got engaged shortly after reuniting.
- When they weren't together, it seemed like Timberlake still carried a torch for his ex, telling Vanity Fair, “She is the single-handedly most significant person in my life. In my 30 years, she is the most special person, O.K.? … I don’t want to say much more, because I have to protect things that are dear to me — for instance, her.”
- The actress and actor/singer have two high-profile careers, so it had to be true love when they kept much of their romance out of the public eye. They kept a bit of their love life for themselves, not the paparazzi.
- Biel and Timberlake have some of the fittest bodies in the biz, so it was not a surprise to see them hiking, biking, and snowboarding all over the globe. Those bods needed a workout and they did it together.
- There's nothing better than puppy love! Biel and Timberlake share a love for animals with the former 7th Heaven star's pit bull, Tina, and the ex-N'Sync boy bander's boxers, Buckley and Brennan. The couple and their fur babies were often seen hitting the trails in the Hollywood Hills.