Juicy drama returns: CW reveals 2012 fall schedule
It's time for pretty people with ugly problems. The CW's hottest stars will return this fall with all new episodes of our favorite dramas. The network has announced the premiere dates for its vets and several newbies hoping to catch our eye.
Over the past month, the major networks have been slowly revealing their fall slates to the public. ABC, NBC and Fox have already released their premiere schedules, and The CW is following suit.
The network has unveiled this year's season and series premiere dates, which officially kick off Oct. 2. You can expect fan favorites like The Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl to be joined by newcomers Arrow and Beauty and the Beast.
The CW is hoping Beauty and the Beast will receive a boost from its Vampire Diaries lead-in. Its spot was previously filled by the witch drama The Secret Circle, which was canceled after one season. Hopefully, Beauty will have better luck.
If you're wondering where the highly anticipated prequel The Carrie Diaries is, don't worry. It's scheduled as a mid-season replacement. That means it will make its debut in early 2013 — January to be exact. It will take over Gossip Girl's time slot, following its shortened sixth season run.
Check out the premiere schedule for Fall 2012 below:
- 8:00-9:00 p.m., Hart of Dixie (Season Premiere)
- 9:00-10:00 p.m., Supernatural (Season Premiere)
- 8:00-9:00 p.m., 90210 (Season Premiere)
- 9:00-10:00 p.m., Gossip Girl (Season Premiere)
- 8:00-9:00 p.m., Arrow (Series Premiere)
- 9:00-10:00 p.m., Supernatural
- 8:00-9:00 p.m., The Vampire Diaries (Season Premiere)
- 9:00-10:00 p.m., Beauty and the Beast (Series Premiere)
- 8:00-9:00 p.m., Hart of Dixie
- 9:00-10:00 p.m., Emily Owens, M.D. (Series Premiere)
- 8:00-9:00 p.m., America's Next Top Model: College Edition
- 9:00-10:00 p.m., Nikita (Season Premiere)