Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill breaks Razzie record
Has Adam Sandler hit rock bottom? Financially no, but creatively his movies have taken a nosedive. Sunday, the films Jack and Jill and Just Go With It were honored in the worst possible way at the 2012 Razzies.
Adam Sandler is being awarded for all the wrong reasons. Over the weekend, the actor and comedian swept every category (all 10) at the Razzies. That's not a positive feat.
Each year, the Golden Raspberry Foundation acknowledges the worst that film has to offer. Over 650 members vote on the most dishonorable screenplays, directors, couples and actors.
Thanks to the combination of Jack and Jill and Just Go With It, Sandler managed to score wins in both the worst actor and actress categories. Oscar-winner Al Pacino also felt the Razzies' wrath and earned an award for worst supporting actor. But here's the kicker, he played himself!
Here's the full list of winners below:
- Worst Picture: Jack and Jill
- Worst Actor: Adam Sandler, Jack and Jill and Just Go With It
- Worst Actress: Adam Sandler, Jack and Jill
- Worst Supporting Actor: Al Pacino, Jack and Jill
- Worst Supporting Actress: David Spade, Jack and Jill
- Worst Screen Ensemble Winner: The entire cast of Jack and Jill
- Worst Director: Dennis Dugan, Jack and Jill and Just Go With It
- Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: Jack and Jill
- Worst Screen Couple: Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino or Adam Sandler, Jack and Jill
- Worst Screenplay: Jack and Jill
Jack and Jill debuted in theaters last November and earned $74 million domestically and $149 million worldwide. While Just Go With It fared better with $103 million domestically and $215 million worldwide.