Zooey Deschanel's divorce docs reveal her big give
Zooey Deschanel has officially filed for divorce. While she may no longer be feeling the love for Ben Gibbard, documents show this New Girl still has a big heart.
Zooey Deschanel's divorce from Ben Gibbard is officially in progress. The actress filed documents Wednesday requesting dissolution of their marriage -- papers which also reveal her personal financial details.
TMZ reports Zooey Deschanel's divorce documents state:
- The New Girl actress and singer brings in approximately $95,000 a month
- There are three credit cards in her name -- AmEx, Visa and MasterCard -- all of which have a zero balance
- Zooey Deschanel has a cool $1,578,000 in the bank
- Not to mention the additional $1,645,000 in stocks, bonds and other various investments in the 31-year-old's name.
- Her real and personal property is valued at $693,300
- Monthly expenses average $22,550
What exactly does a person spend over $20,000 on in your average calendar month? Details reveal an estimated $1,000 is spent on groceries and household supplies, $500 for dining out, $800 on utilities, $300 for her various phones and email accounts, $600 in laundry and cleaning, $2,000 for clothes -- and $1,500 goes to charity.
Zooey Deschanel's divorce papers also state that she and Ben Gibbard, who wed in the fall of 2009, separated on Halloween. News of their breakup went public the following day, and while neither party has given a definitive reason for the split both insist there were no third-parties involved.
While we're sad to hear reconciliation between the former lovebirds isn't in the works, how about a round of applause for her finances? That New Girl is one smart cookie! Are you impressed with Zooey Deschanel's (relative) thriftiness?