The King of Limbs: Radiohead announces tour dates
Radiohead is hitting the road again. The acclaimed rock band has finally announced dates for their 2012 U.S. tour. The tour is to promote their eighth studio album, The King of Limbs, which hit shelves earlier this year.
Radiohead is ready to kick off the U.S. tour for their latest album The King of Limbs. The new cross-country trek marks their first stateside tour since 2008. Monday morning, the group announced their new performance dates, which tackle mostly southern cities.
So far, Radiohead has only confirmed 10 dates for their upcoming tour. They haven't clarified if this will be the extent of their visit or if more shows will follow. Shortly after the release of The King of Limbs in February 2011, the group played a few shows in New York, Los Angeles and appeared on TV programs like Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, The Colbert Report and Saturday Night Live.
Their U.S. tour officially begins Feb. 27 (over a year after the album's release) in Miami, Florida at the American Airlines Arena. According to Billboard, the band will be joined by indie rockers Other Lives, who'll serve as the opening act. Radiohead's final show is scheduled for March 15 in Glendale, Arizona. If tickets are in high demand, they may expand to other areas of the country, such as Northeastern and Midwestern states.
Here is the complete schedule for the U.S. leg of Radiohead's tour:
- Feb. 27: Miami, Florida (American Airlines Arena)
- ?Feb. 29: Tampa, Florida (St. Pete Times Forum)
- ?March 1: Atlanta, Georgia (Philips Arena)
- ?March 3: Houston, Texas (Toyota Center)
- ?March 5: Dallas, Texas (American Airlines Center)
- ?March 7: Austin, Texas (Frank Erwin Center)
- ?March 9: St. Louis, Missouri (Scottrade Center)
- ?March 11: Kansas City, Missouri (Sprint Center)
- ?March 13: Broomfield, Colorado (1stBank Center) ?
- March 15: Glendale, Arizona (Jobing.com Arena)
Are you excited about Radiohead's return to the U.S.?
Photo credit: Nick Pickles/ WENN.com