This season’s American Idol not only had amazing talent, but, thanks to Steven Tyler, was also extremely entertaining! The Aerosmith frontman never ran out of funny, wacky (and sometimes a little perverted) things to say to the contestants. Check out some of our favorite Steven Tyler American Idol quotes.
Check out some of our favorite Steven Tyler American Idol quotes — and add some of your favorites in the comments!
- “Slap that baby on the (expletive) and call me Christmas!”
- “Well, hellfire, save matches, (expletive) a duck and see what hatches!”
- “I like you got a certain something I can’t put my finger on it. Dog’s gonna turn into a pussycat right now.” (Looking at judge Randy Jackson)
- “I loved your voice. I thought it had a lot of character and all of that muster and smoke and heat. A zoobie doobie.”
- (After Jennifer Lopez called him Steve instead of Steven) “You could call me ‘late for dinner’ and I’d still love you.”
- “I’ve never heard anybody squeeze that song, but you squeezed it so slow it sounded like Vanilla Fudge singing Eleanor Rigby.”
- “Just the right amount showing. That’s nice.” (To a contestant wearing a skirt)
- “I love your smile. Flower in your ear. Good for you, keep wearing. Yell [your dad’s] name out!”
- “You look like you could be one of my… friends. Tell me a little about yourself.”
- “Where did you get those lips? You had me sold the second you laid eyes on me.”
- “Coach, did you ever paddle his (expletive)?” (To Randy’s coach who came to visit the set)
- “What do you use on your hair? I just use (makes quacking noise). Says it right on the bottle.”
Now it is your turn! What is your favorite Steven Tyler American Idol quote?