Will Ferrell's second day at The Office sneak peek
Will Ferrell returns to The Office as Michael's replacement, Deangelo Vickers! Last week, Ferrell's The Office premiere was seen by a mere 7.7 million viewers. Tonight, in Michael's Last Dundies, Michael passes the Dundie Award baton to Deangelo.
If you were one of those 7.7 million people who tuned in last week, you enjoyed quite the love fest between reunited Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and Bewitched pals Steve Carell and Will Ferrell. As branch manager Michael (Carell) began training his replacement, Deangelo (Ferrell), the megawatt duo was clearly having a ball riffing off one another.
"It's basically one idiot training another," Ferrell quipped. Unfortunately, with only a four-episode promise from Ferrell, that training won't go anywhere.
Ferrell clocked into The Officeto help ease the transition of Carell's impending exit. They'll both stick around through the Goodbye Michael episode, which promises a few extra minutes of laughs and airs April 28 from 9 to 9:50 p.m. Ferrell will remain for one more episode after that.
The Office's hour-long finale on May 19 will also get the all-star beef-up, with The Office creator Ricky Gervais, funnyman Will Arnett and one or two other mystery guest stars. This news has fueled the rumors that Arnett may be Carell's real replacement, but we'll have to wait for confirmation on that tidbit.
The Office airs on NBC Thursdays at 9 p.m.
Who is Will Ferrell's Deangelo?
The new Scranton office-chief-in-training Deangelo at first appeared to be an homage to oddball Michael, but Ferrell's new character started to show his own colors as his premiere episode progressed. NBC.com has an entire page set up so fans can get to know Dunder Mifflin's newest employee.
Here are some Deangelo factoids from the site:
- Deangelo is nuts for the Summer Olympics. Once he even tried to get an Animal Olympics started, but abandoned the idea after realizing the monkeys would win everything.
- He loves vodka with cranberry juice. He prefers cranberry because it's both a delicious sour treat and because it helps prevent plaque formation (plaque disgusts him).
- He loves playing Megatouch Photo Hunt. He may not be very good at it, but he appreciates that it helps exercise the frontal lobe of the brain.
- Deangelo is originally from Maine, but he has an affinity for the American Southwest. To him Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada and Utah are nothing short of paradise.
- He suffers from a peanut allergy. He missed the OJ verdict because he was recovering from an Epipen injection after accidentally eating French fries cooked in peanut oil.
- He's never ridden a motorcycle. He's had chances, but it just doesn't interest him. However, he's not opposed to sporting a leather jacket now and then, which he looks amazing in.
- Deangelo frequently jumps rope at the office to burn extra calories. He would prefer to work out on his StairMaster, but you can't fit a StairMaster into a briefcase.
- Deangelo was once morbidly obese, until he made a pact with himself to lose 175 pounds in a year. He beat that goal by one, losing a total of 176 pounds.