Monday was day two of Oprah’s Ultimate Favorite Things 2010. What sort of amazing swag did Oprah give away this time?
Oprah gave away some amazing gifts on Friday’s episode, but that swag pales in comparison to the bounty presented by Oprah on Monday’s episode. The show — filmed immediately after the day one of Oprah’s Ultimate Favorite Things — started off with an audience filled with disappointed fans.
“Were you really ticked off you missed the first show? Did you see the people leaving with all their stuff?” Oprah asked. Many audience members shook their heads no, save for one vocal audience member.
“I was pissed!” yelled one lady from the sidelines. “They’re pissed too. They’re lying!”
Suddenly, a stray ornament rolled to Oprah’s feet and snow started falling. That’s when audience members figured out the secret.
“I got ya! I played y’all like a fiddle!” She screamed. The audience exploded into hysterics, as expected.
Oprah’s Ultimate Favorite Things 2010: Part two
What did audience members score from Oprah?
- An iPad.
- A pair of sparkling Ugg boots.
- The Madison Patent Leather Sophia Satchel by Coach.
- Silk and cashmere leggings and a hand beaded sweater by Magaschoni.
- All three sizes of Hope in a Jar moisturizer from Philosophy featuring a baby Oprah on the package.
- Two $500 gift cards to Nordstrom’s lingerie department. “Deck the halls with bras a plenty!” She sang in her trademark Oprah yell.
- The herb-savor by Prepara.
- Centerville chicken pies from Harry and David.
- Garrett cheese and caramel popcorn in a custom tin emblazoned with “Favorite Things.”
- A 10-piece custom Le Creuset cookware set.
- Miraclebody jeans by Miraclesuit.
- A jewelry box from Pottery Barn.
- A pair of $1900 Jessica Leigh earrings by Dana Rebecca Designs.
- A $100 gift card from Bing for Donorschoose.org
- Mini-croissants from Williams-Sonoma.
- An assortment of Talbott teas.
- A copy of The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.
2012 VW Beetle: Most amazing gift ever
The final gift on Oprah’s Ultimate Favorite Things isn’t even available yet. Oprah came out from commercial break in a VW Beetle. However, she told the audience that it wasn’t what it looked like.
It’s not what you think,” Winfrey said. “I wanted to give these to you, but VW said no. They said, ‘sorry Oprah, we cannot give everyone this Beetle, but maybe we can do one better.'”
Of course, the audience came unglued.
The audience members will all receive an all-new, redesigned VW Beetle when it’s released in May 2011. Oprah was able to see the prototype, but we only got to see the car’s silouette. No matter — audience members were excited enough about their keys.
And with that, an era came to an end.
“It’s not about the stuff, although you’re gonna love driving that Beetle,” Oprah said. “It’s about hope, and knowing that something magical and joyful can happen to you when you least expect it.”