As I marked another day off my countdown calendar leading up to the release of Sex and the City 2 on May 27, I couldn’t help but wonder: What are the best Sex and the City quotes ever?
Sure, “He’s just not that into you” has a life of its own now, but I got to thinking about the lines that made Sex and the City a truly unforgettable phenomenon.
During Sex and the City’s six season run, part of the water-cooler fun was recapping each week’s “OMG, Did They Just Say That?” moment, courtesy of the show’s writing staff of primarily single women who were invited to air their grievances and dirty laundry on national television, much to our delight.
Samantha, Carrie, Charlotte and Miranda were always able to express, with perfect eloquence, what every woman feels and these are ten of their best lines.
Sex and the City: best lines ever!
10. Samantha: “You have a lot of nerve telling me to get a wax. If you were in Aruba the natives could bead your back. And it’s not just there: every time I blow you I feel like I’m flossing.”
9. Carrie: “I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.”
8. Miranda: “Sexy is the thing I try to get them to see me as after I win them over with my personality.”
7. Charlotte: “My vagina’s depressed.”
6. Miranda: “I’m dating skid-marks guy. When your boyfriend is so comfortable that he cannot be bothered to wipe his ass, there’s a problem.”
5. Carrie: “You can stay here with your boxes of s*** and your shoe-eating dog and knock yourself out putting on the Rogaine and the Speed Stick.”
4. Carrie: “I revealed too much too soon. I was emotionally slutty.”
3. Samantha: “I’m a try-sexual. I’ll try anything once.”
2. Carrie: “Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.”
1. Samantha: “You men have no idea what we’re dealing with down there. Teeth placement, and jaw stress, and suction, and gag reflex, and all the while bobbing up and down, moaning and trying to breathe through our noses. Easy? Honey, they don’t call it a job for nothin’.”