Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return a large chunk of the cash he raided from a joint bank account.
A judge ordered Jon to return
$180,000 to the marital bank account by October 26 or be charged with contempt.
A reported $230,000 went missing from the account, leaving Kate Gosselin with a mere $1,000 to keep her family afloat. Jon shot back that
Kate took money too, but Kate says she was within her rights to do so, and Jon was in contempt of an arbitration order.
Kate’s lawyer Mark Momjian said, “The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the
arbitrator at a later date.”
Jon didn’t comment on the ruling — probably too busy trying to find a new lawyer after finding out his had been disbarred — but Kate had this to say:
“As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to
private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues.”
Interestingly, the judge also told Jon and Kate to keep things “private” and “amicable.” Good luck with that.
Read on for more celebrity news
Kourtney Kardashian’s expecting a boy
The Gosselin twins celebrate their ninth birthday
Leave a Comment