Four Christmases is one big hit!
There are two things moviegoers gobbled up this Thanksgiving weekend: turkey and Four Christmases.
The Reese Witherspoon-Vince Vaughn flick raked in $46.7 million in its extended opening weekend, beginning Wednesday. The film stars the duo as a couple suffering through four separate family holiday celebrations.
"It was the perfect time. It's the only movie out there that deals with Christmas," said Dan Fellman, head of distribution for Warner Bros.
The other highly-anticipated film of the weekend, Baz Luhrman's epic Australia, opened in a disappointing fifth place with a take of only $20 million in the same period.
The film stars Nicole Kidman as an aristocratic Brit who falls for Australian ranch hand Hugh Jackman.
The full top ten:
1. Four Christmases, $31.7 million.
2. Bolt, $26.6 million.
3. Twilight, $26.4 million.
4. Quantum of Solace, $19.5 million.
5. Australia, $14.8 million.
6. Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, $14.5 million.
7. Transporter 3, $12.3 million.
8. Role Models, $5.3 million.
9. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, $1.7 million.
10. Milk, $1.4 million.