10 Worst holiday songs
And why we hate them . . .
1. Dominick the Donkey, Lou MonteIf we wanted to hear that much braying, we'd sit next to our asthmatic uncle Fred.
2. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, Elmo & PatsyBecause Nana's drinking is no laughing matter.
3. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late), The Chipmunks & David SevilleRegrettably, the Xanax is in our other purse.
4. Jingle Bells, The Singing DogsHmmm, barking dogs. See also: reasons to move.
5. Feliz Navidad, Jose FelicianoThe only Spanish we retained from high school.
6. I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Tommie ConnorFanning the fears of infidelity and broken marriages since 1952.
7. Mamacita, Donde Esta Santa Claus?, Augie RiosSparking the Santa-ain't-real conversation in homes all across the country.
8. Rudolf the Red-Nosed ReindeerSomeone's gonna yell "like a light bulb!" and think they're being cute. But they won't be.
9. Christmas in Hollis, Run-DMCSanta doesn't get jacked in the 'hood. How festive.
10.The Christmas Shoes, NewSongWhy would you do this to yourself? Seriously, people take medication to avoid this feeling.
More related articles:
Christmas card pictures shouldn't ruin your holiday spirit
Holiday entertaining made easy
The dos and don'ts of easy holiday entertaining
Check out our list of The 14 Best Holiday Songs.
Reprinted with Permission of Hearst Communications, Inc. Originally Published: 10 Worst Holiday Songs