Thunder rolls to top box office spot again
Tropic Thunder stayed in its number one spot for the second straight weekend, despite an onslaught of new movies.
The action-comedy, starring starring Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr. and Jack Black as actors caught up in real war while shooting a movie, raked in $16.1 million this weekend.The number two spot went to The House Bunny, a new comedy starring Anna Faris as a Playboy Bunny who becomes the house mother to the most unpopular sorority on campus. "Death Race", The Long Shots, and Rainn Wilson's The Rocker are all new releases that failed to topple the comic trio at war.1. Tropic Thunder, $16.1 million.
2. The House Bunny, $15.1 million.
3. Death Race, $12.3 million.
4. The Dark Knight, $10.3 million.
5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars, $5.7 million.
6. Pineapple Express, $5.6 million.
7. Mirrors, $4.9 million.
8. The Longshots, $4.304 million.
9. Mamma Mia!, $4.303 million.
10. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, $4.1 million.